POSITION VACANT: Vaccine Logistics & Cold Chain Manager (VCCM), for Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN) Project with XEAM, Districts of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa, Telangana and Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
UNDP is introducing and expanding the eVIN system to all districts of
- Maharashtra – 34 Districts
- Karnataka – 31 Districts
- Goa – 2 Districts
- Telangna – 25 Districts
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli. – 1 District
|Click here to apply
VCCM will work in close coordination and supervision of District Immunization Officer and report to Project Officer- Operations, the VCCMs shall be responsible for managing programme planning, implementation, capacity building, monitoring and reporting on all eVIN interventions.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(A) Programme Planning and Implementation:
- Planning and execution of all activities related to eVIN implementation in the designated district, in close coordination with district DIO/ RCHO;
- Support the work of Cold Chain Handlers (CCH) at District Vaccine Store (DVS) andcold chain points in improving timely stock entries and their online visibility, including temperature performance of cold chain equipment.
(B) Technical Assistance:
- Support the District Immunization Officer (DIO) in all activities pertaining to vaccine logistics and cold chain management in the district. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Vaccine stock forecasting;
- Cold chain needs assessment;
- Indent generation;
- Storage and distribution planning for vaccines, syringes and Cold Chain Equipment (CCE);
- Planning for preventive maintenance of CCE;
- Any other work assigned by the DIO and Project Officer- Operations as and when required.
- Support the DIO in organizing review meetings of Cold Chain Handlers(CCH);
- Develop vaccine collection and distribution cycle and ensure its implementation with support from District Vaccine Store(DVS) in-charge;
- Ensure all transactions (issue, receipt, discard, transfer etc.) of vaccines and syringes are entered in the eVIN system;
- Review the online data entry of all vaccine and syringes transactions on daily basis and ensure regular & timely updating from all cold chain points;
- Regular analysis of consumption patterns, wastage rates, monthly reports etc. supporting DIO in taking corrective actions;
- Monitor cold chain performance through remote temperature loggers and ensure prompt response to temperature excursions at cold chain points across the district;
- Work closely with the district refrigerator mechanic to ensure timely repair of cold chain machines;
- Visit all iced-lined refrigerator (ILR) points in the district and support the DIO in day to day monitoring and implementation;
- Work closely with State and district Level Health officials;
- Undertake field visits to monitor the implementation of the system and provide; technical inputs to address gaps and bottlenecks in the implementation of eVIN;
- Undertake field visits for 20 days in a month within district;
- Prepare periodic status reports, annual reports, case studies, etc. in a qualitative and timely manner.
(C) Capacity Building of Cold Chain Handlers:
- Conduct training sessions for CCH and plan for refresher trainings and training of newly recruited staff;
- Supportive supervision of CCH in effective vaccine logistics and cold chain management including temperature recording and handling;
- Identify capacity-building needs on eVIN and undertake capacity building activities at district level for different levels of health professionals and field-level functionaries, facilitate learning exchanges.
(D) Vaccine Temperature Management:
- Temperature logger installation, this includes:
- Verifying master-data readiness before site installation;
- Signing-off post logger installation;
- Associating the temperature logger with CCE.
- Cold Chain Equipment and Temperature logger monitoring on a regular basis;
- Ongoing maintenance of assets, this includes:
- Updating the configuration of temperature logger;
- Updating/ maintaining master-data in the eVIN web application once the logger is installed;
- Registering CCE, or similar assets, or temperature loggers, if they are not in the eVIN system.
(E) Admin and HR:
- Develop Monthly work plan and Monthly activity report for submission to PO-Operations;
- Prepare travel logs and vouchers;
- Attendance report generation, salary and TA issuing and approval of leave.
4. REPORTS TO
- Project Officer- Operations for all programmatic aspects of eVIN and other Immunization activates
- District immunization Officer – technical reporting for day to day work related to eVIN and UIP in general
- State HR and Admin. lead of Service Provider – for Salary and other admin issues once approved by PO-Operations
Applicants must be graduates, with an additional qualification in Business Administration/ Public Health/ Hospital Management/ Social Science/ Material Management or Supply Chain Management, from a reputed University/ Institution.
- A minimum of three years of professional work experience at the State /District level on implementation projects, in the health sector;
- Two to three years proven experience in the public health system and programs at district level. Experience in vaccine supply chain and cold chain, will be preferred;
- Experience in managing information technology driven projects will be an asset;
- Experience of working in the State Government or other international development organization, will be an asset
Skills & Abilities:
- Good knowledge of the health system in India and its states;
- Good analytical, negotiating, communication skills;
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English is required;
- Working knowledge of the local language of the duty station, will be needed.
||Districts of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa, Telangana and Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
XEAM Ventures Pvt. Ltd.,
506 Aravali Apartments
3rd Floor, Office No. 4,
New Bypass Road,
Near CISF Gate no. 2,
Mahipalpur, New Delhi- 110037
XEAM Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
E-202, Industrial Area,
Phase-8B, Mohali 160055
Phone: 0172- 4360000
Mr. Deepak Singh Chauhan
|LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
||LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 23rd February, 2018Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply online at www.xeamventures.com/opening-for-evin/. For further details please visit: www.xeamventures.com. Applicants are urged to apply immediately, as interviews with the promising candidates will start almost right away.